Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017 at the Sunken Gardens
Sunday, Oct. 29th at Neverland
Don’t miss the “thrill” of being part of this spooktacular worldwide event!
On October 28th at 3:00pm, hundreds of World Dance Zombies will rise from the lawn of Santa Barbara’s Courthouse Sunken Gardens to perform Michael Jackson’s iconic dance as part of a global event, Thrill the World. This will be the 7th year World Dance for Humanity has hosted the experience, which will include Flashmobs all over town leading up to Halloween.
Sunday will be a great day too, with Flashmobs throughout SANTA YNEZ VALLEY, culminating in a Michael Jackson tribute in front of the gates of Neverland and a funk soul dance party and Thriller performance to live music at Cold Spring Tavern. Big fun! Here’s a glimpse at Thriller 2016:
LAST YEAR’S INFO – To give you a feel for the Flashmobs
Our Flashmob outings are about freedom and fun! If you’ve done Thriller in the past, or have come to a practice or two, you’re READY! Please don’t bring anything with you. You need to be FREE to dance along the way and enjoy the whole experience – without carrying stuff. Hide your car key in your costume or put it in the bag we keep with the boombox. If you need water, just bring a small bottle you can tuck in your costume or in our bag. If you’re late and need to find us during the Flashmob, call Genevieve: 415/999-0793. We’ll be wearing Zombie costumes for all upcoming Flashmobs. Doesn’t have to be fancy, just express your inner zombie…
- Thurs, Oct. 6 - 5:00pm in front of Marshalls – wear Thriller T-shirts (or a black or red shirt) and black pants
- Sun, Oct. 9 - Avocado Festival in Carpinteria
- Sat, Oct. 15 – 3:30 at Hillside House / 5:00pm in front of Marshalls – Thriller T-shirts
SATURDAY, Oct. 22nd
- 3:30pm: Jojo’s Octoberfest, 4566 Via Huerto in Hope Ranch (meet at the foot of her driveway at 3:30pm) – if you’re lost, call Jojo 805/967-7595
- 5:00pm: State Street Zombie Romp (meet in front of Marshalls at 5:00pm)
- 9:00pm: Filipino Club, 425 State St.
SUNDAY, Oct. 23rd
- 12:00pm: Surf Fest & Swap at SBCC Parking Lot across from Leadbetter Beach (meet at Shoreline Cafe, 11:50am)
- 1:00pm: Flashmob on the Pier and Artwalk area (meet at Dolphin sculpture, 1:00pm)
- 6:30: Fishbon Autumn Storytelling Event, 101 S. Quarantina St.
THURSDAY, Oct. 27: SBCC
- 6:00pm at SBCC’s Pumpkin Carving Contest at the Maxwell Overlook SBCC Map
FRIDAY, Oct. 28: YMCA, TRADER JOE’S, WESTSIDE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
- 6:00pm Hitchcock YMCA Halloween
- 6:30pm Trader Joe’s De la Vina
- 7:15pm Westside Boys & Girls Club Haunted House (602 W Anapamu – west side of fwy)
SATURDAY, Oct. 29: COURTHOUSE SUNKEN GARDENS
- 11:30am Zombie Make-up begins
- 12:00pm Intermittent Flashmobs on State St.
- 1:00pm Dance/Costume Party at the Sunken Gardens
- 2:40pm Group Photo on the Courthouse Steps
- 3:00pm THRILLER
- 4:00pm Flashmobs on State St.
- 5:30pm Our Lady of Guadalupe (227 N. Nopal)
- 6:30pm SURPRISE Montecito Halloween Party (Enter Casa Dorinda at 300 Hot Springs – Caution: Entrance is the second driveway on your right – first driveway is the EXIT, turn right, look for Visitor Parking, turn right into the lot and park)
- 7:30pm Halloween Party at 1507 Clifton St. (Eucalyptus Hill near Salinas Map), hostess Jennifer Strouss
SUNDAY, Oct. 30: SANTA YNEZ
Special Thanks to GOLDEN LIMO for our Spooktacular Sunday Vans!
- 10:00am Carpoolers meet at Sears Upper Parking Lot (near the store entrance/appliances dept.)
- 11:00am Solvang Park
- 12:00pm Los Olivos Flagpole
- 12:45pm Rideau Winery
- 1:30pm Lincourt Winery
- 2:15pm Roblar Winery
- 3:00pm Neverland
- 4:30pm Cold Spring Tavern
- 7:00pm SURPRISE Halloween Party at 2131 Modoc Rd
Saturdays 10:00-10:45am – SB Dance Center (127 W Canon Perdido)
Sundays 4:00-5:00pm – SB YMCA on Hitchcock (you don’t need to be a Y member!)
Tuesdays 8:15-9:00pm – SB Dance Center
Wednesdays 5:45-6:45pm – Alameda Park (corner of Garden and Micheltorena by Kids World)
Fridays 5:15-6:00pm – Montecito YMCA (you don’t need to be a Y member!)
Our purpose in producing Thriller is to dance with the world while helping people in need. Our goal is to raise $40,000 for our Rwanda Education Fund. This will make it possible for 100 young people from impoverished families throughout Rwanda to attend school who would otherwise have no chance to get an education. A portion of the funds will also go to the Westside Boys and Girls Club where World Dancers volunteer year-round.
You can help us by getting sponsored to dance by your friends and family! Prizes for top fundraising Zombies include: Harbor cruise on the Sunbum Sailboat, dinner for two at Brophy’s, blissful massages by Jennifer and Celina, and a sublime facial by Louise. Every penny we raise will go to our beneficiaries, and all donations are tax-deductible. People can give you cash or a check (made to WD4H) which you can bring to practice or to the Sunken Gardens on the 29th. They can also donate through PayPal. We’d like to have all the donations by November 1st. Thank you for helping us change lives…one step at a time!
“I can imagine how much fun and spirit Thriller will bring about. It will change so many lives in Rwanda. I will not be there physically but my spirit will be there. I live 9,000 miles away but feel your event is around the corner!” Justin Bisengimana, WD4H Rwanda Program Director
THRILLER DANCE PARTNERS
Westside Boys & Girls Club, Santa Maria Boys & Girls Club, SBCC Ambassadors, California Lutheran University, Education First (EF), Hollister School, La Colina Jr. High, Mountain View School, Vieja Valley School , Friends of the Children’s Home (Gallarate, Italy), SB Dance Center, Destined Dance, Montecito YMCA, SB YMCA
MEET OUR FABULOUS EVENT SPONSORS!!!