If you’ve done Thriller in the past, or have come to a practice or two, you’ll be ready Oct. 20th when our flashmobs begin! We wear Zombie costumes and make-up at all flashmobs – doesn’t have to be fancy, just express your inner zombie! Please bring very little with you on the flashmobs so you can be FREE to dance and enjoy the whole experience – unburdened by stuff. Hide your car key in your costume. If you need water, just bring a small bottle you can tuck in your costume. You can refill along the way.
Need a Thriller Flashmob your Halloween party? Contact Janet
PLEASE BE ON TIME! If you’re late and need to find us during the Flashmob, call Genevieve: 415/999-0793.
FLASHMOB SCHEDULE 2018 (Updated Frequently!)
PLEASE TELL US WHICH FLASHMOBS YOU’RE ATTENDING BY CLICKING HERE!
CHECK YOUR EMAILS FOR FLASHMOB DETAILS! CONTACT JANET WITH QUESTIONS
SATURDAY, Oct. 20: OJAI DAY
- 12:15pm – Carpoolers meet at the Rite Aid parking lot at lower Milpas
- 12:30pm – Depart for Ojai
- 2:00pm – Perform at the Mandala (Ojai Ave & Signal St.)
- 3:00pm – Perform at the Gazebo, Libby Park
SUNDAY, Oct. 21: HARBOR & BOO AT THE ZOO
- 2:00pm – Meet at the Yacht Harbor in front of Brophy’s Restaurant – proceed to Mike’s boat for photo shoot, the flashmobs at the harbor
- 3:30pm – Meet at the Dolphin fountain (base of Stern’s Wharf) for Zombie romp along on the pier and along Cabrillo
- 5:00pm – Boo at the Zoo – meet near the entrance
THURSDAY, Oct. 25: CARPINTERIA & SANTA BARBARA
- 4:30pm – ProCore in Carpinteria
- 6:00pm – Ghostlight Night at the Santa Barbara Club, 1105 Chapala
- 6:40pm – Meet in front of Public Market for State St. Romp
- Ojai Zombies Thursday: 5:30pm, meet at Hamsa studio, 109 E El Roblar, to caravan to your flashmobs
FRIDAY, Oct. 26: YMCA, TRADER JOE’S
- 6:00pm – Hitchcock YMCA Halloween
- 6:30pm – Trader Joe’s De la Vina
- 7:15pm – Library Halloween Party
- 8:00pm – Adapted Rec Program for disabled adults, Halloween Dance, Carrillo Rec Ctr 102 E Carrillo
FRIDAY, Oct. 26: Santa Ynez
- 7:00pm – Refugio Ranch Tasting Room in Los Olivos (Flashmob kick-off, and prep for the big weekend!)
SATURDAY, Oct. 27: COURTHOUSE SUNKEN GARDENS
- 12:00pm – Set-up, Zombie Make-up, Flashmobs on State St.
- 12:30pm – MAKE-UP begins
- 1:00pm – Flashmobs on State St.
- 2:20pm, World Dancers perform class dances
- 2:40pm – Zombie Group Photo on the Courthouse Steps
- 2:55 those who know “Beat-It” perform, then fall to the ground one by one
- 3:00pm – THRILLER PERFORMANCE
- 3:30pm – Flashmobs on State St.
- 4:15pm – Flashmob at the Library
SUNDAY, Oct. 28: SANTA YNEZ (Note: No drinking, just dancing!)
Special Thanks to GOLDEN LIMO for our Spooktacular Sunday Vans!
- 10:45am – Carpoolers meet at Sears Upper Parking Lot (near the store entrance/appliances dept.)
- 11:00am – Van departs for Los Olivos
- 12:00pm – Meet at Los Olivos Flagpole (at Alamo Pintado Ave & Grand Ave)
- 12:40 – Roblar Winery (3010 Roblar Ave, Santa Ynez)
- 1:20 – Buttonwood Farm & Winery (1500 Alamo Pintado Ave, Solvang)
- 2:00 – Solvang Park (at CA-246 and 1st St)
- 3:00 – Babcock Winery (5175 CA-246, Lompoc)
- 4:00pm – GATES OF NEVERLAND (5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd, Los Olivos)
- 5:30 – Cold Spring Tavern (5995 Stagecoach Rd – off Highway 154)
- 6:30pm – Vans return to Sears in Santa Barbara
- 7:00pm – Lompoc and Santa Ynez Zombies: Trunk or Treat Fest, downtown Lompoc
TUESDAY, Oct. 30 (Please let me know if you want to carpool with us)
- 3:45pm – Valle Verde (900 Calle de los Amigos off Modoc) Park along Calle de los Amigos (both sides), in the Admin Building parking lot (faces Calle de los Amigos), or in the Quail Lodge parking lot (from Calle de los Amigos, take a right onto Senda Verde and follow it as it curves through campus till you see the Quail Lodge parking lot on your right). Meet at 3:45 SHARP at the Admin Building entrance. We perform at 4pm.
- 5:10pm – La Mesa Park (Washington School Halloween Festival) This is the lovely park down from Lazy Acres on a grassy knoll – we’ll perform at 5:15pm SHARP!
- 6:00pm – Casa Dorinda (300 Hot Springs Rd. in Montecito) Parking: As you’re heading up Hot Springs, turn Right into the SECOND Casa Dorinda entrance, then turn Left into the Employee Parking lot and meet us there at 6pm SHARP! We’ll walk together to the dining room where we’ll perform. We perform at 6:10pm.
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 31 (Please let me know if you’re coming to this midday portion)
- 10:55am – Villa Santa Barbara – Anapamu & Garden
- 11:25am – Mental Wellness Center
- 12:10am – Antioch University – 602 Anacapa
- 4:30pm – Ghost Village Road in Montecito – meet in front of Montecito Bank & Trust
Halloween in Santa Ynez:
- 5:45pm – Meet in front of Tower Pizza on Alisal Road
- 6:00pm – Solvang Farmer’s Market
- 6:30pm – Solvang Haunted House
- 7:15pm – Santa Ynez Halloween Street Faire
- More flashmobs to follow in SY and Solvang…
FRIDAY, Nov. 2: DAY OF THE DEAD
- 5:50pm – Roosevelt School – meet in the parking lot at 1990 Laguna St.